Thursday, November 18, 2010

My New Job!

Today was orientation for CareMinders Home Care. I am officially a CNA for this company. They are a new company that actually started in April of this year. They are a company that takes care of people needing CNA's to help them at there home. The company takes care of those who come out of rehab have been on some other Home Care company for 60-90 days and can not have anymore care from these other Home Care companies due to Medicaid and Medicare rules. Our company is A private company not covered by medicare or Medicaid. The company matches each client to a CNA by different likes and dislikes. The best thing about it is the RN actually introduces you to the client instead of the CNA just showing up. I'm really really excited about it. I can't wait to start helping the elderly. I can't start actually working until I get my TB test results back to CareMinders. I was given the test today and you have to wait at least 48 hours for the result. I probably won't actually start working until next week. I am really excited to get to know the clients and come up with ways to help improve there lives. Check out CareMinders at www.careminders.com.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so happy for you Melanie! Congratulations on the new job!

Samantha Kennicott said...

You are going to do so awesome at this job, Melanie! You are such a caring, kind and compassionate person. I am so happy for you that you found something and I hope it brings you a lot of joy! You deserve it. Love ya! :)