Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gracie's first real sickness

Christmas and yesterday Gracie had been acting very unhappy. She wasn't eating that great ether. Christmas at my parents ward she was so fussy. I spent the meeting out in the lobby trying to get her to calm down. Yesterday she woke up crying and didn't stop. She seemed like she was in pain. Strep has been going around in my family the last couple of weeks. So I was suspecting that she had Strep. None of the regular Doctors offices were open yesterday so we had to go to the InstaCare. The doctor swabbed her throat and was testing it when she started crying so hard that the doctor came in and asked if maybe the swabbing caused her to cry. I told her that she had been this way all morning. The test came back negative and another doctor came in to examine her. He was so nice. He picked her up and console her to the point that he could take a look at her ears, One of them was fine but when he checked the other ear there was a infection. I was given a prescription and went right next door to get it filled. The whole way Gracie screaming and crying. I didn't know what to do. It took what seemed like forever to fill it. Finally we went home and I gave her some medicine and a bottle. She didn't drink much but it seemed to console her enough to help her sleep. After a short nap all she wanted to do was be held. Poor baby, I feel so bad. She has had up to this point not very many sicknesses. Just stuffy and runny noses. So the day after Christmas was Gracie's first real bad sickness. She is however feeling much better today. Thank goodness.

No comments: