Sunday, August 18, 2013

Gracie Finally Walks!

Gracie turned 2 in July and still wouldn't walk.  We would hold her hands and she would walk fine but when we let go she fell to the floor. She has been for a while walking on her knees.  Which if you ask me is harder that just walking.  So doesn't have anyone to look up to that is walking so I guess she didn't feel like starting. July 24th she started too.  We went to a neighborhood get together for a barbecue and a firework show. Josh had to work as usual.  Gracie had hardly touched her food.  Which is an entire sorry of its own.  As I was caching up with friends and neighbors Gracie was walking from one camp chair and back.  She didn't stop she must have done it at least 20 times that night.  I was thrilled. After all she just turned 2 two weeks before.  I hoped that the walking would continue. 

The next day it was back on her knees and I thought that the night before might have been a fluke. 

Slowly and little by little she started to stand up.  I am now proud to say that she is walking all day everyday.  She refuses to ride in the grocery cart at the store and always has to go up and down the stair.  It takes her a while to get places and takes a long time to go shopping but she is walking and that is what counts.  She sometimes doesn't always pay attention to where she is going and often times almost gets ran over by carts.  I am surprised that she hasn't been ran over or knocked down by a cart yet.  I try to warn others of her and try to warn her as well.  Now if we can just get her to eat.

No comments: