Sunday, September 14, 2014

Potty Training Gracie

We were surprised to return from Ireland to a Potty Trained little girl.  Josh's cousin trained her the week we were gone.  We were going to start when we got back.  This summer has been crazy.  We have not had a whole week off with out some event.  Josh's cousin saw that Gracie diapers were dry in the morning and started the training.  Gracie gets constipated very easy.  We tried to get Maralax in everything she drank.  The week we came home Gracie hadn't pooped once.  We gave her a suppository to help and it did.  We had probably two accidence a week.  Pretty good I think.  Then came the 2 accidents a day. Not fun at all.  I was taking it worse then she was.  One Sunday night I started bawling.  I felt like such a failure. I had switched taking my meds from morning to taking them in the evening because of some nausea issues.  This Sunday happened to be the second Sunday since the switch.  I called Josh and told him about it.   The conversation felt a little one sided because he was ether sleeping or at work when the poop accidents happened.  I began to realize that it was crazy that I was acting this way.  On Monday we spoke to my OB and she said to take the nausea medication at night and take my other medication in the morning. I have been doing that and feel much better.  Gracie's last accident was Thursday this week and daddy was home.  He had a little talking to her and told her that if she kept it up we would start taking toys away.  Apparently Josh knows how to tell her things.  She pooped this morning in the potty.  I can't be very excited to not let my self down, but I was way excited.  Every time she poops in the potty I feel like I have trained her and am done.  I don't think that is ever the case.  She will probably regress when her baby sister Molly comes too.  But for now I think she is doing very well. Hope I didn't jinks the whole thing.

No comments: